May 10th 2022 has seen the NHS guidance regarding the Covid 19 pandemic move to its lowest level since March 2020.
We are now in the "Green phase" of the pandemic.
As a healthcare setting, this means that we are still required to have certain policies and procedures in place for the health and safety of staff and patients.
The following measures continue to remain:
- Masks are to be worn by staff and all people/patients visiting a health care setting should continue to wear a face covering.
- Staff will continue to carry out asymptomatic lateral flow testing
- Continue with high standards of infection prevention and control procedures – this includes good hand hygiene and cleaning of equipment
- Patients who have symptoms of a respiratory infection should postpone their eye care unless it is urgent or an emergency. This is to reduce the risk of transmission.
As a company, we have decided to continue with the following additional procedures as they have helped how we work – have made us more efficient, reduced waiting times for patients and staff feel more comfortable with these in place.
- Appointments – we will continue to do most spectacles/contact lens collections and repairs by appointment – this allows us to plan staffing and our days better, especially if we have unforeseen staff absences.
- Locked door – to control the number of people within the practices
- Staff will continue to wear scrubs
- Hand sanitiser will be offered at the door and throughout your visit.
- We recommend all patients upgrade their eye tests to include Optomap retinal images and OCT 3D scanning of important eye structure.
We will continue to have the safety of staff and patients at the forefront of these decisions and they will be reviewed regularly.
Thank you for your loyalty in supporting this small business during the pandemic.
Jo Cashell Optometrist and Managing Director